Military Space News, Nuclear Weapons, Missile Defense
CYBER WARS

Russia accuses U.K. of spying, expels 2 British diplomats

by Chris Benson
TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Commercial UAV Expo | Sept 2-4, 2025 | Las Vegas

Washington DC (UPI) Mar 10, 2025
The Russian government on Monday expelled two British diplomats and gave two weeks for them to exit the country over allegations of espionage. Britain said the allegations are "baseless."

"Russia has uncovered signs of intelligence and subversive work by these diplomats, threatening the security of the Russian Federation," a statement by Federal Security Service officials read in part.

The Kremlin said an unidentified 34-year-old man and 32-year-old woman "will be stripped of their accreditation and must leave Russia within two weeks" after the two were accused of spying in what was the latest move in a tit-for-tat show between the two European powers.

The FSA claimed its counter-intelligence operators "exposed the unreported intelligence presence of the United Kingdom under the cover of the country's embassy in Moscow."

"This is not the first time that Russia has made malicious and baseless accusations against our staff," a spokesperson for the British Foreign Office stated.

It arrived amid an ongoing diplomatic feud and other allegations by Russian officials that British diplomats were taking part in intelligence gathering and "threatening Russia's security," according to Russian state media.

"It won't distract us from our focus on supporting Ukraine and putting Ukraine in the strongest possible position over the days and weeks ahead," said Prime Minister Keir Starmer's office.

Last year in May, the British government announced it expelled, among other actions, what was said to be a Russian spy to counter alleged intelligence activities by Moscow.

Officials at Downing Street said Monday this is "what we have come to expect from President (Vladimir) Putin and his regime" and "the allegations are no doubt baseless."

Meanwhile, three Britain-based Bulgarians were found guilty on Friday in Old Bailey of taking part in a Russian spy ring on an "industrial scale" which put lives and national security at risk, prosecutors noted.

Related Links
Cyberwar - Internet Security News - Systems and Policy Issues



CYBER WARS
Musk says X hit by major cyberattack
San Francisco (AFP) Mar 10, 2025
Elon Musk said X was hit Monday by a major cyberattack, raising questions as to whether the politically divisive billionaire is being targeted or his decision to gut staff at what was once Twitter is haunting the social network. Reports of problems with X started early Monday, with users in Asia, Europe, and North America saying they could not access the platform, according to the Downdetector tracking site. "There was (still is) a massive cyberattack against X," Musk said in a post on the platf
CYBER WARS
France, Italy, UK order more air defence missiles

Space Force accelerates Missile Warning capabilities

Maxar Space Systems Ships First Tranche 1 Tracking Layer Spacecraft to L3Harris

Proliferating Space-Based Missile Tracking to Counter Emerging Threats

CYBER WARS
Russian strikes on Odesa, east Ukraine kill eight

Russian strike on Ukraine's Odesa port kills four: Kyiv

Zelensky again urges air truce after 'massive' Russian attack

Denmark hopes to have air defence system in place from 2026

CYBER WARS
Ukraine drones hit Russian energy sites, Kyiv source says

Moscow targeted by 'massive' Ukrainian drone attack

Israel says struck suspects retrieving drone in Gaza

Italian, Turkish firms team up to make military drones

CYBER WARS
Unseenlabs opens Singapore office to boost Asia Pacific operations

Lockheed Martin, Nokia, and Verizon Enhance Military Communications with 5G.MIL Integration

ESA advances HydRON project for next-generation space communications

Airbus awarded Oberon satellites contract by UK MOD

CYBER WARS
More kit, better barracks: Germany's military in need of overhaul

US approves sale of $3 bn in munitions, bulldozers to Israel

Denmark and Norway to 'increase cooperation' on defence

Eight soldiers killed in Colombia road accident

CYBER WARS
UK boosts export financing for defence firms by $2.6bn

Amid tensions, Canada says reviewing purchase of US jets

German arms firm Rheinmetall seizes on European 'era of rearmament'

German parliament to vote on huge spending boost for defence, infrastructure

CYBER WARS
Trump, NATO secretary-general hold closed-door meeting at White House

'Very broad consensus' emerging among Europeans on Ukraine: France

Oil companies greet Trump return, muted on tariffs

Facing Trump and Putin, are the EU's defence plans enough?

CYBER WARS


Buy Advertising Editorial Enquiries

The content herein, unless otherwise known to be public domain, are Copyright 1995-2024 - Space Media Network. AFP, UPI and IANS newswire stories are copyright Agence France-Presse, United Press International and Indo-Asia News Service. ESA Portal Reports are copyright European Space Agency. All NASA sourced material is public domain. Additional copyrights may apply in whole or part to other bona fide parties. Advertising does not imply endorsement,agreement or approval of any opinions, statements or information provided by Space Media Network on any Web page published or hosted by Space Media Network. Privacy Statement