List of Iranian entities or individuals targeted for UN sanctions
UNITED NATIONS, March 3 (AFP) Mar 03, 2008
The following is a list of new Iranian individuals and entities targeted for financial and travel sanctions under the UN Security Council resolution adopted Monday.
The list is contained in an annex to Resolution 1803 mandating nuclear and ballistic missile-related sanctions against Tehran for refusing to halt sensitive nuclear fuel work.
- Amir Moayyed Alai: involved in managing the assembly and engineering of centrifuges
- Mohammad Defai Ashiani: involved in the production of ammonium uranyl carbonate and management of the Natanz enrichment complex.
- Abbas Rezaee Ashtiani: senior official at the Office of Exploration and Mining Affairs (AEOI).
- Haleh Bakhtiar: involved in the production of magnesium at a concentration of 99.9 percent.
- Dr. Mohammad Eslami: head of Defense Industries Training and Research Institute
- Seyyed Hussein Hosseni: AEOI official involved in the heavy water research reactor project at Arak facility.
- Javad Karimi Sabet: head of Novin Energy Company which has been targeted for sanctions under the previous Security Council sanctions resolution adopted in March 2007.
- Hamid-Reza Mohajerani: involved in the production management at the Uranium Conversion Facility at Ispahan.
- Brigadier-General Reza Naqdi: former deputy chief of the armed forces general staff for logistics and industrial research and head of the state anti-smuggling headquarters involved in efforts to circumvent sanctions mandated under Security Council resolutions adopted in December 2006 and March 2007.
- Houshang Nobari: involved in the management of the Natanz enrichment complex.
- Abbas Rashidi: involved in enrichment at the Natanz facility.
- Ghasem Soleymani: head of uranium mining operations at the Saghand Uranium Mine.
- Abzar Boresh Kaveh Co.: involved in the production of centrifuge components.
- Barzagani Tejarat Tavanmad Saccal companies and Saccal System companies.
- Electro Sanam Co.
- Ettehad Technical Group: front company involved in the ballistic missile program.
- Industrial Factories of Precision: instrumentation plant used for some acquisition attempts.
- Jabber Ibn Hayan: laboratory involved in fuel cycle activities.
- Joza Industrial: front company involved in the ballistic missile program.
- Khorasan Metallurgy Industries: involved in the production of centrifuge components.
- Niru Battery Manufacturing Co.: involved in the production of power units for the Iranian military, including missile systems.
- Pishgam (Pioneer) Energy Industries: involved in construction of the Uranium Conversion Facility at Ispahan.
- Safety Equipment Procurement: front company involved in the ballistic missile program.
- Tamas Co.: involved in uranium enrichment-related activities.All rights reserved. © 2005 Agence France-Presse. Sections of the information displayed on this page (dispatches, photographs, logos) are protected by intellectual property rights owned by Agence France-Presse. As a consequence, you may not copy, reproduce, modify, transmit, publish, display or in any way commercially exploit any of the content of this section without the prior written consent of Agence France-Presse.