. Military Space News .
China's Second Manned Space Flight After October Holiday: Report

The mission will differ markedly from China's first manned space voyage, the Shenzhou V, which was a solo flight that lasted 21 hours in October 2003.

Beijingp (AFP) Sep 12, 2005
China plans to launch its second manned space mission after the National Day holiday next month, a state-run newspaper said Sunday.

The Beijing News, one of the most popular newspapers in the Chinese capital, said the launch will occur after the October 1-7 holiday. It did not cite a source for its report.

The spacecraft Shenzhou VI will be launched from the Jiuquan Space Launch Center in northwest China's Gansu province, using a Long March 2F rocket, the report said.

The space flight will involve two astronauts, as previously reported, and will last 119 hours or five days, the newspaper said.

Technical officials have arrived at the Jiuquan launching base, it said.

The Shanghai Morning Post reported earlier this month that the mission could take place as early as this month or October, citing Zhang Qingwei, president of the China Aerospace Science and Technology Corp.

The mission will differ markedly from China's first manned space voyage, the Shenzhou V, which was a solo flight that lasted 21 hours in October 2003.

China's space program is still shrouded in secrecy with little known about events until several days before they happen. However since the success of the first manned flight, authorities have shown a little more transparency.

Keenly aware of the military, scientific and commercial benefits of space knowledge, China has been aggressively pursuing space exploration for years.

China is only the third to send a person into space, after Russia and the United States.

Related Links
SpaceDaily
Search SpaceDaily
Subscribe To SpaceDaily Express

Looking For Shenzhou
Sydney, Australia (SPX) Aug 30, 2005
The launch of China's second manned space mission is only a few weeks away. In parallel to the recent launch of the space shuttle Discovery, another Return to Flight program has been taking place. But the differences in media and public relations between the programs could not be any more dramatic. China has invested substantial amounts of capital in its human spaceflight program, but is still failing to promote the upcoming Shenzhou mission to the world.







  • India's PM Heads For Paris For Talks On Submarines And Nuclear Energy
  • Walker's World: Rice And American Interest
  • Analysis: India, EU Ties Won't Upset US
  • Putin Meets Chinese Defence Chief; They Hail Growing Ties

  • Italian Intelligence Denies Report Of Nuclear Device In Country
  • Iran Says Full Cooperation With Inspectors If Allowed To Make Nuclear Fuel
  • Draft US Defense Paper Outlines Preventive Nuclear Strikes
  • Iran Won't Return To Nuclear Suspension: FM

  • PAC-3 Missile Successfully Destroys Tactical Missile In Test
  • MBDA Selects ARTiSAN Studio For Software Development On Meteor Program
  • Kinesix Provides Software For Satellite Missile Warning And Tracking System
  • Lockheed Martin's Joint Common Missile Flies On Ah-64D Apache Longbow

  • Indian Officials Briefed On US Missile Defence System
  • BMD Focus: Losing Software Supremacy
  • China Fights U.S. ABM Sales To Taiwan
  • BMD Focus: Miracles Are Easy, Turf Is Hard UPI Senior News Analyst

  • Lockheed Martin Supporting Space-Based Navigation For FAA
  • Boeing Sells First Private Jet In China
  • Electrical Power Flows Into First Lockheed Martin F-35
  • Boeing's F-15 Shoots Down French Rafale For Key Singapore Fighter Deal

  • USF Deploys Mini Unmanned Search Aircraft After Katrina
  • GlobeTel Announces Letter of Intent with Kashiwabara Token Corp of Japan
  • Edwards Tests Production Global Hawk For Possible Deployment
  • Cyber Defense Successfully Tests New Propulsion System For Mid Altitude Airships

  • Fallujah A Lesson In Counter-Insurgency
  • Fallujah A Lesson In Counter-Insurgency
  • Benchmarks: Better Week In Iraq
  • At Last, A U.S. Counterinsurgency Strategy

  • Raytheon Delivers Breakthrough Non-Lethal Sheriff Active Denial System
  • NGC Contracted To Upgrade RAAF F/A-18s With LITENING Advanced Targeting Pod
  • Kollmorgen Electro Optical Awarded $3.7M Contract For SeaScout
  • Raytheon Awarded $19.9 Million Reconnaissance Pod Production Contract

  • The content herein, unless otherwise known to be public domain, are Copyright 1995-2006 - SpaceDaily.AFP and UPI Wire Stories are copyright Agence France-Presse and United Press International. ESA PortalReports are copyright European Space Agency. All NASA sourced material is public domain. Additionalcopyrights may apply in whole or part to other bona fide parties. Advertising does not imply endorsement,agreement or approval of any opinions, statements or information provided by SpaceDaily on any Web page published or hosted by SpaceDaily. Privacy Statement